Sunday, February 24, 2008

Mango Salsa Chicken

I have a new love. Mango salsa from Costco. Oh my gosh, I can eat it by the spoonful like soup. Cody had a great idea to use it as a marinade for chicken. But I took it a step father and used it as a sauce for chicken in the crock pot. YUMMY!!!!! And this is the simplest recipe on earth and relatively low in fat.

Take 5 chicken breasts and smother then with salsa in the crock pot. Cook it on LOW for 3 hours. Depending on the size of the breasts it may take a little longer, but check it after 3 hours. Once it is done sprinkle grated [cheddar] cheese over the top while it is still in the crock pot (enough to cover the top), then replace the lid. Once the cheese is melted it is ready to go! I served it over rice and let me just say, holy wow. I scooped out LOTS of salsa chunks onto the rice and the chicken was so tender and juicy. It is almost a meal in itself!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Mmmmm. This sounds so good. I love that salsa from Costco!